click tracking

Ready to go?
Start from choosing your visa


Holiday Notice

The Chinese Consulate will be closed on:

Our email address:

Please check your document against this document check list before you send document to us. Here's 22 tips on how to fill out form V2013.




What are people saying about Free China Visa service? Check our Customer Testimonial.

Sample invitation letter for Q2 & S2 visa.

For American Citizens

Number of EntryConsular Fee
Single Entry$140

For Canadian Citizens
Number of EntryConsular Fee
Single Entry$80

For Citizens of other countries
Number of EntryConsular Fee
Single Entry$30

Regular processing time is 7 working days. Regular service fee is $60 per visa.

For total turnaround time, please add return shipping days.

No express service for other family reunion visa.

China S1 Visa (Other Family Reunion) Application

What is a China S1 Visa (Other Family Reunion) ?

S1 Visa is Issued to those who intend to go to China to visit the foreigners working or studying in China to whom they are spouses, parents, sons or daughters under the age of 18 or parents-in-law, or to those who intend to go to China for other private affairs. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.

Basic Documents:

  1. Passport

    Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
  2. Visa Application Form and Photo

    One completed and signed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo 33mm(W)x48mm(H) (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached. Please note: the 2"x2" USA passport photo is NOT OK. Here's the requirement for the photo.
  3. 18岁以下申请者请注意:需要提供以前中国签证记录;如果是第一次申请中国签证,必须提交出生纸的复印件,父母护照及绿卡的复印件;

    If the applicant is under age 18 and it's his/her first time to apply for Chinese visa, please provide photocopy of the kid's Birth Certificate and photocopy of parents passport(and green card). Otherwise, please provide a photocopy of previous Chinese visa.
  4. Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)

    If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid visa of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.
  5. 出生在中国大陆的华人请注意:第一次申请中国签证必须提交中国护照原件和照片页的复印件;


    Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)

    If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.

    If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)

Supporting Documents:

(1) An invitation letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in China for work or studies) which contains:
  1. Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
  2. Information on the visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place of intended residence, relations between the applicant and the inviting individual, financial source for expenditures, etc.)
  3. Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, signature, etc.)
(2) A photocopy of the inviting individual's passport and residence permit.

(3) Original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of immediate family members between applicants and inviting individual.

"Immediate family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons or daughters under the age of 18, parents-in-law.

Here's a sample invitation letter.

Special Reminder

  1. Holders of S1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local people's governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners' residence permits.
  2. The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter.
  3. If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
  4. The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
  5. If you are a U.S.-born child with one or two Chinese parents, and apply for a Chinese visa for the first time, please read Documentations Required for U.S.-Born Children with Chinese Descent.

Ready to apply China S1 visa ? 

Need other China Visa ?


This site is protected by copyright and trademark laws under US and International law.
© 2018 Free China Visa All rights reserved.